Drawing with Rembrandt
Drawing With Rembrandt is an easy-to-use, all-in-one online course for elementary students, designed to help beginners discover that “you CAN learn to draw!” History and art come alive as Rembrandt (yes, that’s me) guides your child through simple projects. Your child will quickly learn the basics from a Dutch Master but also find that even a Master erases and tries again.
Drawing with Rembrandt was created with you in mind as a homeschool mom to help you achieve the confidence of a Dutch Master that your children are not only learning the basics of drawing, but having fun! They will even do history-related drawing projects such as the mask of Pharoah and abstract and realistic pyramids.
Making Music With Handel
Tin Whistle and Music Theory (in Classical Conversations Weeks 7-12)
Learn to play the tin whistle with George Frideric Handel. This is a slow and gentle approach to learning the notes of the tin whistle and basic music theory. If you are a Classical Conversations tutor or parent, this will help you with the tin whistle and music theory unit.
- Tin Whistle Introduction and Left Hand Notes – episode 1
- Review of Left Hand Notes and Hot Cross Buns – episode 2
- Tin Whistle Right Hand Notes and Hot Cross Buns – episode 3
- Tin Whistle C# with Left Hand Notes and Hot Cross Buns in A – episode 4
- Tin Whistle Mary Had a Little Lamb in G with Left Hand Notes – episode 5
- Tin Whistle Mary Had a Little Lamb in D with Right Hand Notes – episode 6
- Introduction to Dynamics – episode 7
The Artist Detective
Art and Great Artists (in Classical Conversations Weeks 13-18)
Learn about the Great Artists on The Artist Detective! Rembrandt, the host, will introduce one artist while other artists from across time vie for your attention and comment on similarities in their lives or art. This will help you get to know and review the Great Artists, especially if you are in Classical Conversations.
- Giotto Biography – Cycle 1, Week 13
- Lorenzo Ghiberti Biography – Cycle 1, Week 14
- Fra Angelico Biography – Cycle 1, Week 15
- Albrecht Durer Biography – Cycle 1, Week 16
- Michelangelo Biography – Cycle 1, Week 17
- El Greco Biography – Cycle 1, Week 18
- Rembrandt Biography – Cycle 2, Week 13
The Composer Detective
Great Composers and Orchestra (in Classical Conversations Weeks 19-24)
Learn about the Great Composers on The Composer Detective! George Frideric Handel, the host, will introduce himself, while other composers from across time vie for your attention and comment on similarities in their lives or music. This will help you get to know and review the Great Composers, especially if you are in Classical Conversations.
Do you want your children to have a music education but you’re not sure where to start?
Now you CAN help your child learn about classical music and great composers without hours of planning, even if your only experience with music is playing the radio!
INTRODUCING The Composer Detective: Helping homeschool moms and kids investigate the lives and music of some of the world’s great orchestral composers!
Check out our favorite orchestra and composer resources here.