If you are looking for Christ-centered activities for Easter to do with your children, you will love learning how to make a Resurrection garden for Easter. A Resurrection garden is a life-filled visual lesson of the empty tomb. If you plant it several weeks before Easter, it can be a decorative conversation piece for Easter day, or plant it while telling the Easter story during Easter week. As parents who want to be intentional in teaching Christ at every holiday, we love planting a Resurrection garden!
RESURRECTION GARDEN SUPPLIES
- small clay pot
- large round clay dish (or a large clay pot already mostly filled with potting soil)
- potting soil
- grass seed
- small river rocks
- a large stone – for the tomb
- sticks from the garden to make 3 crosses
- string to tie the crosses together
- spray bottle (not pictured) – to spray dirt as packing it down and to water the grass daily
1. Place the small clay pot on its side in the large round clay dish (or large clay pot already mostly filled with potting soil).
2. Add dirt around and on top of the small clay pot.
3. Spray the dirt with the water bottle as you add it so it molds around the small clay pot better or the dirt will stay loose and slide off the top and sides. The small clay pot on its side is the tomb and the dirt around it will be where the resurrection garden grows.
4. Add the large stone and small river rocks in front of the tomb opening (small clay pot).
5. Sprinkle the grass seed on top of the dirt and spray with the water bottle.
6. Sprinkle a little more dirt on top and spray with the water bottle.
7. Tie a long twig and a short twig together to form a cross. Make three crosses. Place the crosses on top of or behind the clay pot “tomb” (depending on the depth of soil).
8. Place the resurrection garden in a sunny location and water it daily using a spray bottle. Do not use a watering can or you will have a mess on your hands! After about a week you will start to see grass shooting up through the dirt. Rotate the planter so all the grass doesn’t lean or grow towards the sun.
Jus’ Classical is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You can help support Jus’ Classical at no extra cost to you when you purchase anything through our link to Amazon.GET YOUR FREE GUIDE